- About Us
- Our People
- Areas of Practice
- Direct Access
- Contact Us
- Terms of Business
36 Bedford Row
DX 360 LDE
T +44 (0)20 7421 8000
F +44 (0)20 7421 8035
Head of the Family Team
Family Arbitrator and Mediator
Andrzej specialises in the financial aspects of family relationship breakdown, particularly in high–value, complex and international cases.
As well as instructions from solicitors throughout England and Wales, his advice is also sought on international jurisdiction and enforcement issues by lawyers from overseas. Andrzej is qualified to act as an arbitrator in financial disputes under rules of the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (www.ifla.org.uk). Andrzej is also a Mediator and conducts private FDRs.
• Financial remedies upon divorce or upon dissolution of civil partnership – particularly cases involving:
- Business assets;
- Trusts (onshore and offshore);
- Disputes over property owned with third parties;
- International jurisdiction and enforcement.
• Property disputes between cohabitees or other family members.
• Pre–nuptial and other marital agreements.
• Living Together / Cohabitation agreements.
• Financial provision for children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
• Claims against estates under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975.
• Disputes over the administration of estates and probate.
• Disputes over international jurisdiction and forum non conveniens in all the above areas.
• Serious private law proceedings over children and international child abduction.
• Alternative Dispute Resolution: arbitration, mediation, private–FDRs/neutral evaluation.
• Professional negligence claims relating to the above areas of work.
Appointments and Qualifications
• Licensed for Direct Public Access
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
• Member of the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators
• Mediator accredited by CEDR
• Family Mediator regulated by ADRgroup
• Registered as a direct access barrister under the Bar Council’s Direct Public Access scheme
• Equality and Human Rights Commission – list of preferred counsel
• Member of the Family Law Bar Association
• Affiliate member of Resolution
Unlocking Matrimonial Assets on Divorce (Jordan’s Family Law,3rd Edition 2012).
Commercial and Mercantile Courts Litigation Practice (Jordans, 2004) (contributor)
Proceeds of Crime Act 2002: A Practical Guide (Jordans, 2003)
Recent Articles and Seminars
Imerman: From ‘cheat’s charter’ to ‘damp squib’?
Hanson Renouf Financial Remedies in Complex and Offshore Divorces (June 2013)
Seminar presented at conference in St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands. Paper available on request.
Making the Future Predictable: Nuptial and Cohabitation Agreements Link
Simon Gore Events (June 2013)
Webinar explaining the law relating to pre– and post–nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements, including practical tips on drafting and challenging such agreements.
Unlocking Trust Assets on Divorce Link
MBL seminars (April 2013)
A webinar explaining how trusts can be used as an asset in divorce and civil partnership proceedings.
Private Criminal Prosecutions in Financial Remedies Cases Link
Family Law Week (February 2013)
An article exploring how criminal private prosecutions might be used in family financial proceedings where fraud or asset dissipation has taken place.
Areas of expertise
Family Dispute Resolution (including Arbitration and Mediation)
Family Finance (including Divorce, Property and Inheritance Disputes)
Private Law Children (including International)